Developed twenty years ago by the international expert Jacques Levinet, whose achievements in martial arts and combat sports are well known worldwide, the SELF PRO KRAV or SPK method is one of the most effective and realistic self-defense systems existing today throughout the world. Two videos and a book support this discipline. Beyond the simplicity of its acquisition and adaptation to all groups (men, women, children, law enforcement), the SPK strength lies in its annual updating in order to adhere to the ever changing aggression patterns of our days. In Captain Levinet’s opinion, you can’t freeze a martial art or self-defense method forever without risking transforming it into something obsolete and useless.
SEE OUR 80 SELF PRO KRAV WORLDWIDE NETWORK - JOIN US
THE SPK METHOD INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING 5 KEY POINTS
- Survival Instinct
- Conditioning Training
- Operational Technique
- Legal Defense
In other words – The will to survive, the means to survive, the learning of natural gestures, the respect of law and the questioning
The SPK is a discipline in itself, recognized internationally by the foremost Police experts and the greatest martial arts masters in the world.
THE NEW SELF PRO KRAV OR SELF PRO KRAV EVOLUTION
The evolution of SPK is mandatory to update it against the new ways of aggression. The evolution of SPK is now essential to keep up with violence. It also comes from a feedback or permanent return of experience that victims deliver to be founder of the discipline.
The news of SELF PRO KRAV EVOLUTION is:
- SPK Defenses against multiple attackers.
- Defenses SPK is confined and enclosed environment.
- Defenses SPK for law enforcement forces.
- SPK Defenses against unconventional attacks (weapons and empty hands).
- Defenses SPK in low light or darkness.
- Defenses SPK with everyday life objects (umbrella, pen, briefcase, purse, keys, credit cards, cell phone, shoes, jacket, vest, magazine, etc.).
- Adaptation of the SPK for women and children, since attacks against these groups are not the same as attacks among men.
Without going into the details of these areas of development, here are some examples of the new SELF PRO KRAV EVOLUTION:
- Percussion training of fists and feet on moving target complemented by an elbow-knee percussion work on a fixed shield. It doesn’t mean that the SPK becomes a combat sport but it requires a minimum of feet-fists percussion knowledge.
- The evolution of SPK is mandatory to update it against the new ways of aggression. The evolution of SPK is now essential to keep up with violence. It also comes from a feedback or permanent return of experiences that victims deliver to the founder of the discipline.
The news of SELF PRO KRAV EVOLUTION is:
- Acquisition of ambidextrous defenses to cope with any eventuality (facing a left-handed aggressor, in any position, standing on the floor, sitting, kneeling, hostage taking).
- Just a few weapon disarmament tricks because such techniques are too dangerous against knives, push daggers, razors or other blades. Only percussion techniques are privileged in SPK to disarm quickly and safety
- Using real blunt weapons (sticks, bats) to achieve higher grades an put the candidate in a real situation.
- Using handguns and shoulder guns with gas, blank guns and balls (with helmet protection) for the upper grades to understand the disarmament procedure.
- Firearms threats are made with real neutralized weapons, maintaining the finger on the trigger as do the bulls.
- Using an aluminum knife to feel the cold and the danger of the blade in threats touching the body or throat.
- Acquisition of a thorough learning to avoid any reflex action and complicated technique and keep only the defense reflex.
- Learning, from the 2nd Dan level, of ambidextrous defenses to assimilate the SPK against a lefty or a righty, as appropriate. A primary acquisition for instructors who must be able to demonstrate and teach a lefty or righty and take account every type o student.
- Acquisition, from the 2nd Dan, of techniques for defending a third person and bodyguard techniques to train students in protecting their loved ones or a vulnerable person in case of aggression.
- Defenses, from the 5th Dan with everyday common objects, such as umbrellas, sticks, pens, bags, wallets, keys, cell phones, chairs, jackets, glasses, footwear, magazines, etc.). It is important because defending yourself by any means is essential sometimes.